Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dead Sea, Jordan

The Dead Sea, is a lake between Jordan and Israel. 11 days ago, I went on a trip to Jordan and then to Turkey. Finally arrived back home yesterday night. It was a great trip. :) Being jobless and without much to do at home, I will try to update my blog with pictures taken from Turkey.

First leg of the journey was an overnight transit at Amman, Jordan. We arrived at the Queen Alia International Airport at 4.30am and was ushered to the transit hotel next to the airport before proceeding to Dead Sea.

The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth at 390 M below sea level.


The Dead Sea area has become a major center for health research and therapy. There are many hotels with private health centers next to the lake.


The lake has very high salinity (about 40% of salt) and therefore one can float with ease. Can you lie down on water? Yes, at Dead Sea.


Although the lake is popular for its ability to heal skin diseases, I felt more itchy after soaking in it. Guess what? I am now scratching my legs and I think I need anti histamines. Hmm, maybe I need long term treatment at Dead Sea.


After Dead Sea, we went back to the hotel for lunch before heading for a city tour to Amman city. Amman is a pretty nice city with buildings of the same colour. All buildings and houses in Jordan are made from lime stones and I guess there isn't any paint company in Jordan because they don't paint the buildings.


May I present to you the new spider girl! Limestones...


Lastly, a photo of me with Amman city at the back.



We also went shopping at a huge mall in Jordan called Mecca Mall before going back to the hotel. We had buffet dinner (If anyone of you plan to go to Jordan, please bring cup noodles!) before going to bed.

Next stop: Istanbul, Turkey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

walao, we are suffering here and you are enjoying..
btw, the deepest point on earth is at Mariana Trench , about 10km ! http://geology.com/records/deepest-part-of-the-ocean.shtml

Patrick Leong said...

is that why they call it the dead sea ? because only the dead floats without any move efforts in water.

roachz said...

Haha..... I am glad you enjoyed!!!! Had fun??

Anonymous said...

ooooh...turkey...u know why its called turkey dont u? >:)

did u sing that boney-m song ?

AL LEE said...

ooohhhhh!!! Istanbul!!! Love love love that place....sigh...wish I could go back there again :)

Lrong Lim said...

'Jobless' and can still enjoy holidays... waaah, you are so lucky...

On 'anyone of you plan to go to Jordan, please bring cup noodles'... is the food that unpalatable? or expensive? or both?