There is a Malaysian Students Association of Japan (MSAJ) here in Japan. The association is "BY Malaysian Students FOR Malaysian Students" with events and activities like Hanami (Sakura viewing), Ski Trip, Merdeka Celebration, Raya Celebration, etc etc.
Last November 27, MSAJ had a Raya Celebration. All Malaysian students in Kansai were invited to the function. During the preparation, you can truly see the Malaysian spirit.
There was a speech contest during the event. The speech contest was divided into two categories, Malay and English. The theme was "The meaning of Independence" in conjunction with the recent 47th Merdeka celebration. The price was a flight ticket home to Malaysia sponsored by MAS. Can you imagine... stupid me, should have joined!!! But hmm, can't do so ler... why?? cause I was the judge for the English Speech contest!! Ahahaha...
Malaysian Students in Kansai. Leong, Ah Fu, Nadz, Yours truly! Nadz was in his one and only Baju Melayu..(Hey Kawan, sudah pakai berapa kali? Ada cuci ke??)

Muhibbah
Sent by the lost angel
Fadiah, one of the very young and extremely underage malaysian staying in my dorm on the same floor as I am.

Fadhi n Me
Sent by the lost angel
Another sweet Malaysian gal... Nana..

Nana n' Me
Sent by the lost angel
After the speech contest, we had a forum. The forum was quite informative. But ah well, I don't plan to work in Japan..

Forum
Sent by the lost angel
And after the forum, a group of Malaysians presented some patriotic songs.. very very nice.

Malaysian Song
Sent by the lost angel
And lastly, like all events.. the finale, will always be FOOD. We were treated to some Malaysian food. But obviously the taste is hmm..quite different but can't compare too much though!
I enjoyed myself alot and met with lotsa Malaysian. Also discovered that there is a lot of Malaysians in Japan and learnt to value the meaning of Independence!
MALAYSIA BOLEH!!
4 comments:
I love the pink tint to your cheeks! you look so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! (belanja makan)
Hi there roach, those pink tints are natural... no blusher used!! belanja makan.. haha.. wc not taking u to dinner ar? kesian.. when i come back.. i belanja u makan lar.. :)
Ahem, you'd better keep your word! I forgive but I never forget *very evil grin*
Heee... u posted the pic I said u look cute with Nana. ;) Next time if people ask me wat do u think of ~Angel~? I'll tell them 'She reminds me Pink Pink' kekeke...
Post a Comment