Sunday, August 21, 2005

Weekend Trip

I have been away for a pretty long time. Blame it on the lack of mood and laziness.

So what have I been up to lately? Reluctantly came back to Japan for a presentation after spending 10 days in Malaysia. Truthfully, 10 days is not enough! What more... I bought a one month ticket. But no use grumbling now that I am already back here for 2 weeks. First week back here was spent preparing for presentation and getting my engine going. I can only sum it up in one word.....HORRENDOUS.

Now, I am trying to get my body to coordinate with my brain. Seems like my brain is not in control. It is SUMMER HOLIDAYS!! But, guess what?? I still have to go to school. I am getting tired of people asking me "It is summer holidays. Why are you going to school?". Ahh... alas the difference between studying science and non-science (arts). Did I choose the wrong field? Yet again I ask myself the same question!

The school is empty, everyone is on holiday, the dorm is kinda deserted...now, no wonder I don't have mood and motivation!

Enough of grumbling! Apart from the torturous school life, I am thankful to have friends. Friends who come to my rescue without the need for me to ask. Hehe...

Thanks to Fish Fish... I spent a very pleasant Saturday in Onomichi and Kurashiki. Yong also known as fish fish asked me if I was interested to join her for a trip using the Seishun Juhachi Kippu. Always manage to rescue me... :)

On saturday morning, we (Fish Fish, Mirian (Fish fish's Junior) and I) went on our journey to Onomichi (Hiroshima)and Kurashiki (Okayama). Let the photos below tell you the story....

Arrive at Onomichi around 11.30am... Goodness, the train was packed with people. Everyone making full use of the cheap ticket and their summer holiday to go traveling!



The train leaving us...



We then went to the Tourist Information counter to get a map and headed for lunch.. On our way there... we saw this statue. A young lady admiring the sea. My guess would be she is one of the famous poetess. Onomichi.. famous for poet and poetess..



Then we met this fat lady...Ooops, I look HUGE.



Onomichi is a very quiet and small town. It is so different as compared to Kobe, Osaka or Kyoto... Alot less people and very serene. However, we were shocked to see so many people queueing up for lunch. As this place is famous (according to a travel guide book), we waited in line, out in the hot sun for around 30-40 minutes.



Made my order...



I paid 470 yen for this chuka soba. (Chinese style soba)



Mirian and I having lunch... Not worth the wait..but the price wasn't too bad. I think I can make better soba!



Then we went for waffle... dessert!! Again recommended in the book... The shop is called COMMON...



I find this really interesting..



The diagram fits the fork and knife perfectly!



I thought this was some kind of sweets... but it turned out to be sugar.. for your coffee/tea!



I had the blueberry ice cream waffle for 482 yen.



Yong asked for this chocolate ice cream waffle.



Mirian had the raspberry custard waffle.



I can understand why the shop is called COMMON... cause the waffle is common.. almost similar to A&W! Can get better waffle in Kobe.. but again, the price is cheap. (Japan standard lar!)



Now that we have fed our stomach, we headed for the Ropeway to the Senkoji Mountain. On the cable car... Looking down, I saw this Japanese grave yard..



Upon reaching, eheemmm, I felt naughty!!! muaahaaahaaa



The view of Onomichi



This is me, sitting on top of a rock saying "The Path of Literature". It is a trail leading downhill...



On our way walking downhill, I saw this little sad looking doggie. It is rare to find stray dogs..in Japan.



Then we made a stop at the Senkoji Temple. Trying to ring the huge bell!



Now what is this?



One can buy these small figurines, then write your wish on it and place it next to the God...



The shop selling amulets and charms. Was tempted to get a charm for romance! Hehe...



View of Onomichi from Senkoji temple



Then we came across this HUGE .... erm what do you call this??!! Damn HUGE..



And finally reach the bottom... Had to cross the train track.. And yes, it started raining.. Spoilt our plans to cycle to the adjacent islands..



The railway.... Nope, no train coming...



Then we went into a shop selling food stuffs.. Seafood mainly and we saw his ugly flattened octopus.



Not only that.. we also saw this FOSSIL cracker..



Our trip to Onomichi ended here as our attempt to rent a bicycle wasn't successful. The uncle at the rental shop refuse to rent us bicycles.. he say that it is a waste of money, that we should rent one early in the morning as we wont have enough time. He also added that the rental fee would be the same so it is more worth getting the bicycle in the morning... bla, bla..., bla.. Well, he was just being kind. I am sure Malaysians will not bother telling you that it is not worth. They will be more than happy to have your money! Hence, we abandoned our mission and headed for Kurashiki in Okayama instead.

In Kurashiki, I saw this shop selling toys and snacks for kids... very cute



The we reach the famous valley in Kurashiki.. very nice scenery.



Hehe, me posing...



Hiding...



Holy cow! What a huge COFFEE grinder.. just the thing I need... for the COFFEE LOVER!!



Thanks to Yong, she took this photo.. nice reflection..



Then out of no where... came two graceful swans..



How loving and charming!



Then as we were leaving Kurashiki, we saw this shop selling CATS...



Very very cute cat... they even have cute "MEOW-ing music" in the shop.. though a bit noisy I would say.



Cat gaming machine!



Before leaving Kurashiki, I bought this so called famous dessert.



Tear open the wrapper...



Open the box....



Ready to eat... it has sweet potato fillings.... Have not tried it yet though..


Sent by the lost angel

And that was it... a great day.. :)

1 comment:

Fish Fish said...

Gal~ It was indeed a very fun day with you and Mirian.

Ai yar~ still your post sitting on the bridge was the most sexy. Tee hee hee...