I, of course prefer to speak in english, but to explain a poster in fluent english and have your audience staring at you is certainly not pleasant. Hence, speaking in broken Japanese but getting my message and point across was much more meaningful. One thing I learned from being here in Japan, is that, to get your message across to your target audience, one would have to speak in Japanese. (If you ask me, I think the way I explained my poster in Japanese is similar to presenting in bahasa pasar, ahh well....mebbe a little bit better than that.)
So as you can imagine, standing for 3 whole hours eplaining something in a language that is neither my mother tougue nor my second language but a totally foreign language that I picked up about one year ago, is tiring, exhausting and simply killing!
I also found out from this mini-conference that my English is really going down the drain. As I was explaing the poster in Japanese, a foreign lecturer came and asked some questions in English. I was pretty tongue-tied and my brain wasn't able to swap between Japanese and the english. What is happening to my language skills??! This is scary man....
It is a very unique experience that I will treasure....Time to go to bed. I am exhausted.......zzzzzz
2 comments:
Weeeee... you look so lovely in the photo! ^_^ Like your suit look.
ALl the while I thought I am the only one who suffers from this strange symptom
Post a Comment