Sunday, December 10, 2006

Shamoji Kaki Meshi (しゃもじかきめし)

I looked high and low, searched every corner and nook for the 駅弁当 (train station bento) called Shamoji Kaki Meshi (literally translated as: Shamoji=wooden spatula, kaki=Oyster, Meshi =rice) during my trip to hiroshima. Was told that it is worth trying. Unfortunately, lady luck was not on my side and I came back to Kobe empty handed.

But I guess I was lucky afterall! A few weekends back, as I was busy grocery-shopping, I spotted this Shamoji Kaki Meshi on display. I was delighted, what more with the 半額 (50% off) sticker on it. Yup, so I was one happy girl that day. It was a good bentou with lots of oyster.




The box with the 50% off seal



The red wooden spatula look-a-like (Interesting packaging)

The good food... and yummy oyster!

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fish Fish said...

I miss kaki!! Especially grilled kaki with lemon sprinkled on it. *slurp*