How I ended up where I am now still remains a mystery. It is one month and yes, I have survived Malacca. Well after Japan, anywhere else is a breeze. A friend asked me yesterday, “Is life in Malacca similar to Japan?” YES and NO.
YES coz’
I am staying alone
I have to think about what to have for dinner
NO coz’
I am working now and working hours are much (MUCH MUCH MUCH) better than lab hours
I have a car and I can drive to wherever (No need to walk!!)
I don’t need to do laundry because I go home during weekends
Bonding with friends and colleagues here are much easier (We speak the same language).
Looking for food is easy
I can go home (only 2 hrs drive compared to 7 hrs flight!)
Talking about Japan, I miss Japan. I really really do miss it. I miss the cool autumn breeze, the red autumn leaves, the yummy desserts, the chestnuts, the fruits, the house and my room in Oji Koen, the shopping, and of course my friends. I wonder when I will be able to make a visit back to Japan.
I guess meanwhile I will just have to enjoy Malacca instead. :-)
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Man, I miss Oji-koen too! I brought my malay language student (she is japanese) to Tin Tin. Did you say goodbye to Tintin boss? Please do come back to Japan anytime, and you know you can have my apartment.
I miss you! Havent heard from u for so long.. u doing fine in Melaka actually?
hey long time no talk...wish you are doing fine there ya
Melaka now eh?
How are you angeline? Been awhile eh? No worries lab life here is as sucky as ever... hahaha...
Well, I wish you the best in your new chapter 'Angel's Adventure in Malacca'.
Post a Comment