Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Asam Laksa

You'll never get this in Japan. I am sure to have at least a bowl of asam laksa when I am home in Malaysia. Of course with lotsa cili padi!!! Wooohooo... yummilicious..




Sent by the lost angel

Wikipedia, gave me this definition when I search for Asam Laksa:

Penang laksa, also known as asam laksa from the Malay for tamarind, comes from the Malaysian island of Penang. It is made with mackerel (ikan kembung) soup and its main distinguishing feature is the asam or tamarind which gives the soup a sour taste. The fish is poached and then flaked. Typical garnishes include mint, thinly sliced onion and hε-ko, a thick sweet prawn ketchup.

I am hungry already!
Tuesday = Pasar Malam day .... hehehehe... asam laksa???

4 comments:

Fish Fish said...

PASAR MALAM??? Did u say this?? I WANT!!!

p/s: U take good food pics too, especially the 2nd one, drooling~

~AnGeL~ said...

itu cili padi... syiok!!!!!! :P

Ebi said...

it seems not the original asam laksa from Penang, rite?

you should try the real Penang Laksa in penang!

~AnGeL~ said...

ebi, i forgot how the real penang laksa looks like? has been ages since i last visited penang.