What is important in life? Money? Dreams? Family? Love? As human beings we go through a cycle – being born, learning how to talk, walk, learning ABCs, reading, sitting for exams after exams, making friends, starting relationships, getting married, having babies, growing old and finally… DEATH.
Different people have different perceptions about what they want in life, about what they actually want to achieve, about what is important and what is not. I am trying to seek an answer from myself regarding this particular question which has been plaguing me for quite a while – “What am I looking for in LIFE?”
Do I want to follow the normal human cycle? Study, work, fall in love, get married….?? Or do I want to be special and extraordinary? But yet again, how extraordinary is extraordinary?
Till today, I have been walking along the normal human cycle. I was born a girl 23 years ago, talked at a very early age, walked, studied, struggled through torturous exams, worked, fell in and out of love. And now I am at a crossroad? How should I carry on with my life? Which way should I go? The normal or the abnormal route? The usual route would be to continue with my studies, find a decent job, find a husband, get married, take care of the kids, be happy, retire and die peacefully. Whereas the extraordinary way would be… hmmm, I am still thinking! I'd continue with my studies - masters and if possible pHD (btw, what is the use of studying so much?). Being the stubborn me, I’d probably not try to be involve in any relationships believing that I do not need a significant other, hence if I’d ever get married, I’d be pretty old. By then, I’d probably have a good career. But the only problem would be having kids at such an old age. Meaning I’d have to work even longer to get them through tertiary education. This would mean that I would only be able to sit down and enjoy when I’m really old. Gosh??!! Am I thinking too far? This is creeping me out. I think I should stop thinking and take things one at a step. I believe almost everything is fated.
Planning is no doubt important. But I guess I should not think so much now. What is supposed to happen will happen! I enjoy surprises, so I’d just sit back and tackle the obstacles in front of me whilst shaping my future. Whether it is going to be a very normal life or extremely special, will be a surprise!
Sunday, September 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment