Wednesday, February 23, 2005

CNY eve

Hello everyone! Greetings from Malaysia. Yes, I am back HOME!! HOME!! hehe. I arrived on monday and finally have better internet connection. Time for updates...

Chinese New Year, the first time in 23 years, I spent my CNY away from Malaysia. How was the celebration in Japan? Of course not as good as home but still we managed to have some fun and ease the "loneliness".

On CNY eve, we, the chinese (Malaysia, HK, China, Taiwan etc) came together for a reunion dinner. Everyone was supposed to prepare a dish for the dinner. I made bak kut teh.. yes yes it is not the typical CNY food but still it is a special Malaysian delicacy right?

Take a look at my Bak Kut Teh.. nice leh??!! Hahaha... it was delicious.. yummy.




Then here is a photo with me in an apron. I look like a housewife!! We were all busy cooking dinner in the kitchen.




All of us having reunion dinner and chatting away happily.




Christian (HK) loves the bak kut teh. Just look at his expression!! Well, everyone liked the food.




And then we were busy taking photos and having desserts and snacks. (L-R: Wong fr Taiwan, Me and Kari fr HK)




Then, we started getting crazy, playing cards..




Everyone was so serious.. well, we weren't playing with money but rather we had punishments..(eating ice cream in winter for those who can't drink)




Then things started to get a little out of control.. we started getting a bit crazy.. climbing on the table... playing cards!




Finally, we took some nice photos to wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year!




Although, I can't spend CNY eve with my family, I had fun in Japan with my friends. We were up till almost 4am and I had to get up at 7am to go to school on CNY!!

1 comment:

Jamiee said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. Appreciate it very much.

A Malaysian Chinese girl should not call herself a Malaysian Chinese girl if she doesn't know how to cook a decent pot of Bak Kut Teh. Glad that you can cook Bak Kut Teh well. And yes, garlic should be put in whole, with big fat juicy mushrooms.

Thanks again.