Saturday, February 12, 2005

Lion Dance

Lion Dance! Generally, Chinese New Year will not be Chinese New Year without the presence of the lion dancing around. In Japan, in Malaysia, during Chinese New Year you will never miss the lion dance. The name "Lion Dance" may be the same but the LION and the DANCE is very different. Just have a look and judge for yourself!

Lion in my house back in Malaysia. Ain't the lion cute?





The lion in my house, sitting on the couch bitting its leg. Cute Cute...





Now, look at the miserable, mini lion in Japan. No dance, the lion was just walking...miserable very very miserable.





Too many people in Chinatown. The place was too crowded and the lion dance was no fun.





"Lion Dance" can be so totally different. I guess I can't complain too much since I shouldn't be expecting too much in the land of the rising sun where CNY is not celebrated.

1 comment:

Nightraveller said...

hey it's me! You are really fast, as I havent had my posting up yet...hee hee hee...am so lazy these days.

Anyway, the pleasant coincident is that I did mention about your reaction towards that lion dance in Kobe without having read your blog yet...

Thanks for the pictures!