I am HOME!! As in my Kobe Room, not Malaysia house!! Had been a week since I landed in Kansai.
Life here is not really a bed of roses. It was really hard having to leave home. I knew that I was really homesick after arriving at my dorm. The first thing I wanted to do upon opening the door of my room was to buy a ticket home. But that is obviously impossible!
So initial few days were terrible, but no tears shed though. Well, I think I am a tougher person now.
I need to be in the lab everyday from 9-5pm. So it is a bit tiring. But the worse thing is that I don’t have much to do yet in the lab. Currently, I am just looking around, learning the basics. Learning how to wash the apparatus, learning the ways of handling things in the lab and all.. really basic stuffs which I have already learnt in university (I forgot most of it!). On top of that, I am also reading up about cancer and cells. Things related to my studies in future. I cannot even remember the basics, which I have learnt a few years ago.
All of those points listed above have already stressed me out. And to make matters worse, everyone speaks Japanese in the lab. I have to listen really hard and sometimes, even if I listen hard I still can’t figure out the meaning. Besides, all lab methods and procedures are in Japanese, name of equipments and apparatus are in Japanese. My brain is a little over-worked and all that I can hope for now is that it will not go on STRIKE!!
Weekdays are spent in the lab. Hence, weekend.. hmm, I’ll try to go around a bit. Just to de-stress.
As you can see… life is not very happening here in KOBE. I hope the situation will change soon… till then I can only pray hard and hope for the best!
Saturday, October 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment