Monday, October 11, 2004

Kyoto Day Trip

I went to Kyoto yesterday. No objective, no plans, just go and jalan-jalan and also to visit Eddie whom I have not seen since our plane ride here together six months ago.

Nadz said he want to visit Eddie's new apartment. So off we went. Eddie's new apartment is really nice. Quite spacious and airy. Not too bad. The rent is also not too expensive. The area that he lives in is really homely. Lotsa trees and houses unlike mine. My area is full of buildings and no trees. I like Kyoto!

So here you can see Eddie's apartment. I am not sure what Nadz wanted to do. He is just a bit hyper! Silly me, I went to Kyoto without my SD memory card for my camera, so am only limited to taking 12 photos! Sigh


Eddie's Apartment
Sent by the lost angel

Can you see the socks that I am wearing?? !! :P Nice yeah...

Guess what this is??!!


Dog House
Sent by the lost angel

A kennel. A darn expensive dog house. But so cute!!

We went to a shrine in Kyoto. I have visited this shrine before. The previous time, I went in the afternoon but this time we went in the evening. So am able to see lotsa lights. Well, I think I like the night view more.


Shrine
Sent by the lost angel

Here is a photo of someone making a wish. All you have to do is just to give 5 yen and then ring the bell hard and make a wish.


Wish
Sent by the lost angel

And here is a photo showing some papers tied to a frame. I cannot recall the exact word for the paper. (Can anyone tell me what it is?). Well those papers are similar to those in the chinese temples. Whereby you shake a container filled with sticks and go collect a piece of paper according to the number on the stick and the paper will tell you if you will face good or bad luck in the future. Here in the shrines, after you get those papers, if it says that you will have bad luck, all you need to do is tie it to the frame and not bring the bad luck home.


Charm
Sent by the lost angel

And finally a photo of a street in Kyoto at night. This street was once a "red light district". Long long time ago, it was a place for Geisha. But now, the place is occupied by high class restaurants.


Kyoto Street
Sent by the lost angel

Phew, I had fun in Kyoto.. :) Will be looking forward to visiting Kyoto again mid autumn to see the MOMIJI (Red Leaves).

No comments: