Monday, August 23, 2004

Miki

Thank God.. I am still alive!

Was nearly killed by a shooting rocket firework!!! It went flying between my legs before exploding! Kids are highly dangerous creatures!!!

I went to help out a Japanese lady who teaches english to a bunch of primary and junior high school kids. We went to the river bank for a homemade and conventional oven made pizza party cum hanabi (fireworks).

The little party was pretty nice and I had fun. We made pizza with a conventional oven burning under camp fire... ahaha... it was fun but very tiring!

During the trip.. an 8 year old girl got very attached to me. Her name is Miki and she is a very sweet girl. She kept talking to me non-stop. Probably because she found out that my level of Japanese wasn't good and she can become TEACHER of the day!!

She may be 8 years old but she certainly doesn't talk and speak like one. To me, she sounded more like a 15 year old teenager. Hehe.. the funny part was she actually commented on my Japanese...「四ヶ月だけ!でもそんなに話せる。。。すごい!」(Wow... only four months and you can speak so well! Great!). She also told me that she has been learning english for 2 years but she cannot speak at all. So we ended up がんばって-ing each another! Me asking her to study hard and telling her english is not difficult. And she was asking me to study Japanese... saying Japanese is SOOOOOOO easy! :P

She also called me お姉ちゃん (sister) during the whole outing. Inviting me to join her in her games... inviting me to eat with her.. making sure that I ate.. At the end of the day, I was wondering if I was the one volunteering to take care of the kids or she volunteering to take care of me! hehe..

I enjoyed her company and am missing her already. Well.. I hope to see her again..



Miki and Me
Sent by the lost angel

Miki and me... ain't she sweet??


Kinoko-san and Me
Sent by the lost angel

Kinoko-san, the lady I was helping out... She refused to tell me her age!! She may not be young but definitely young at heart! :P

1 comment:

shirley ng said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.