Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Insanity

It is now 4:17am... and I am still awake.. blogging! I think I am crazy..

I was suppose to go out for a date tonight but due to the predicted strong typhoon no.16, date was cancelled.. or rather I chickened out. Hehe.. am afraid I can't catch the last train home. So at 7pm.. while having dinner in the dorm I was on the lookout for the typhoon.. kept asking my friends..台風どこ?

And at around 7.10pm... heard super strong wind.. I was so excited. We do not have typhoon in Malaysia. Hence whenever there is a typhoon, when I am safe and sound in my room, I tend to enjoy the typhoon. Love the strong wind, the movement of the trees, the heavy rain.. So there I was sitting in my room after dinner and looking through the window enjoying the typhoon which has destroyed many homes, caused havoc in certain places, major flood!!

Typhoons are so unpredictable.. It comes at anytime.. and blows everything away.. I was watching the news updates on TV. Saw how terrible the typhoon was. Shinkansen cancelled, ferry cancelled, ferris wheel went turning 360 degress without needing any power supply, cars stranded in waist lenght flood... the list goes on and on.

I was really thankful to have stayed home instead of going out. I was thankful to be in a safe place watching and was able to "enjoy" the typhoon whereas certain people were left homeless. I was thankful that we do not have typhoon in Malaysia. I am THANKFUL!

So.. during the entire episode. I was in my room.. deciding on what to do. Finally decided that my room needs cleaning. I have not done so in a very long time. Was too busy studying and preparing for my exam and finally when the exam was over.. hehe I was busy shopping ler. So.. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and also did my laundry.. Finally finish at around 4.. It is ridiculous.. I spent almost 5 hours cleaning the room.. But I am so satified with the end result.. hopefully it will last till I return in October!

Well after cleaning.. I was in the mood to just relax.. so I went to the お風呂 (japanese bath). Yes.. it is way past midnight.. but no ler, I did not go to those onsen. I have a bathtub in my room ler.. lucky me!! So went and soak for a little while with soft music and aromatherapy.. 気持ち。。。。

And right after that... blogging ler what else.. I should probably get some rest now... since it will be another long day tomorrow.. Just FYI, the typhoon left and now... there is no wind at all... it is just fascinating!!!! Quiet.... Wind blowing... Strong Wind... SUPER SUPER STRONG WIND... GONE... QUIET again!! hehe..

HAPPY MERDEKA...47 years OLD...

No comments: